CONSTITUTION for PSCMRCET-IEEE Student Branch
A Student Branch gives students the opportunity to meet and learn from fellow students, as well as faculty members and professionals in the field. An active IEEE Student Branch can be one of the most positive elements in a department offering programs in IEEE designated fields of Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology and others. As listed at IEEE Membership Qualifications. Student Branch activities offer numerous educational, technical, and professional advantages of IEEE membership through special projects, activities, meetings, tours and field trips. Listed below are some programs and projects.
- Participation in regional conferences, workshops and competitions.
- Conducting the workshops, and guest lectures, live lectures.
- Development of leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Participation in awards, scholarships and project/design programs and student paper contests.
- Sharing and developing ideas in discussion sections.
- Establishment of a Student Branch Library with IEEE’s publications.
- Access IEEE online services and resources.
- Establish a Web site.
Seminars with guest speakers, who are professionals working in the field, enable students to enhance their knowledge outside the classroom. Joint seminars let students meet and talk with other interested students. Student Professional Awareness Conferences help increase awareness of professional issues such as ethics, continuing education, and communication skills. The Student Professional Awareness Ventures program gives teams of IEEE Student members the opportunity to develop project proposals to increase professional awareness and receive funding to implement the project.
The IEEE also sponsors Regional Student Paper contests with cash awards in each of the ten Regions and promotes outstanding student and faculty counselor recognition award programs. The IEEE offers rebates and allotments to help Student Branches with operating costs based on their timely submission of their Annual Report and Annual Plan. Upon submission of their Annual Report, Student Branches receive a $2.00 per member rebate. Upon submission of their Annual Plan, Branches receive $50.00 if they have less than 49 members, and $100.00 if they have 50 or more members, based on membership statistics as of 31 December each year.
Working Body of PSCMRCET- IEEE STUDENT BRANCH
IEEE Student Branch Working Body haves the following posts, they are called officers of IEEE student branch.
- Public Relation Officer
- Technical Head
- WEB Master
CONSTITUTION for PSCMRCET- IEEE STUDENT BRANCH
Name and Purpose
- 1 This organization shall be known as the PSCMR College of Engineering & Technology IEEE Student Branch of the IEEE.
- 2 The purpose shall be the dissemination of knowledge of the theory and practice of all aspects of electrical engineering, electronics, radio, allied branches of engineering or the related arts and sciences, as well as the furtherance of the professional development of the Students. Expose the student for Latest Updates in technology, Bring The international learning status by activities.
- 3 The organization and operation of the Branch shall be in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the IEEE.
- 4 Membership shall be limited to undergraduate and graduate students Guntur and Krishna District.
- 5 The membership shall consist of Student members of the IEEE.
- 6 Except The student Members of PSCMRCET and affiliated institutions, should pay a nominal Fee to Enroll them self as member of PSCMRCET-IEEE Student Branch
- 7 Membership Should Be granted By Head of Member Ship Committee.
- 8 The Executive Committee of the Branch shall have the power to levy special assessments upon endorsement by a two-thirds vote of the membership of the Branch.
- 9 Nonpayment of transnational dues will automatically result in suspension of membership in IEEE and in the local Branch. Nonpayment of local dues may result in suspension of membership in the local Branch, but will not result in suspension of membership in IEEE.
- 10 The local dues per semester for members are payable at the beginning of the semester.
- 11 The officers of the Branch shall be a Chair, a Co-Chair, a Treasurer, Secretary, Public Relation Officer, Technical Head and A WEB master.
- 12 To be eligible for office, a candidate must be enrolled as a Student member of the IEEE and a member in good standing in the local Branch.
- 13 The term of office shall ordinarily be one year.
- 14 Election of officers for the following year shall be held not later than the last meeting of each year.
- 15 Elections will be done by Secretary to the officer`s posts of Chair, Co-Chair, and Public Relations officer. Secretary, Technical head, WEB master are appointed by Councilor and at present chair, Co-chair. Treasurer will be appointed by councilor.
- Sec 16 Officer Posts Can Be Increase according to situation By Chair with acceptance of two third of General body members.
- 17 The management of the affairs of the Branch shall be in the hands of the Executive Committee, consisting of the duly elected & appointed officers of the Branch and the Counselor appointed by the IEEE. The Chair of the Branch shall be Chairman of the Executive Committee.
- 18 The Executive Committee shall be the governing body of the Branch and shall transact all business it deems advisable, including the filling of vacancies in offices, authorization of expenditures, etc.
Duties of Officers
- 19 The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Branch. He/she shall appoint all committees, subject to the approval of the Executive Committee, and shall assume all other executive duties not otherwise delegated.
- 20 The Vice-Chair shall perform all functions of the Chairman in the latter’s absence or at his/her request with additional duties given to him.
- 21 The Branch Secretary shall keep a record of all activities of the Branch and shall report same to IEEE Headquarters, together with any special reports required by IEEE Headquarters, within a reasonable time after each meeting. The secretary shall carry on all other communications necessary to the activities of the Branch. The secretary shall keep a record of the names of members in attendance at the meetings.
- 22 The Treasurer shall receive all money and pay all debts of the Branch authorized by the Executive Committee, and shall keep an exact account of all receipts and expenditures.
- 23 A complete annual report shall be submitted by the Chair and the Treasurer at the last regular meeting of the year, and shall be forwarded by the Branch Secretary to the IEEE Manager of Student Services, upon certification by the Counselor.
- 24 Public relation officer will responsible all public relations and developments, Industry Relations also, and relation eminent Personalities.
- 25 the WEB master should designee the web site with proper updates and information necessary.
- 26.1 Technical Head is head for all technical aspects of PSCMRCET-IEEE Student branch, working under Chair and councilor. He will decide the required technical seaport. And identify the updated, necessary technology for discussions, and benefits if IEEE students.
- 27 The following Standing Committees or their equivalent shall be appointed by the Chairman:
- Organizing committee.
- Membership Committee.
- Publicity Committee.
- Fund Rising Committee
- Program Committee
- Information Bench
- 28 Co-Chair is Head of Organizing committee which is responsible for conducting each and every general body meeting and working body meeting, Responsible for all arrangements for events conducted by PSCMRCET-IEEE student Branch.
- 29 Councilor of PSCMRCET-IEEE student Brach is head for member ship committee. It has all rides to give the membership and cancel membership. The Membership Committee shall bring the advantages of membership in the Branch, and in the IEEE, to the attention of all potential Student members.
- 30 WEB master is Head for The Publicity Committee. It shall be responsible for proper advisement of each meeting, and events conducted by the PSCMRCET-IEEE student Branch.
- 31 Treasury is Head for Fund Raising Committee, and there goals are Rising the funds of PSCMRCET-IEEE student Branch by Different activities which are approved by Executive Comity and councilor.
- 32 Chair is Head for The Programming Committee and remaining Executive comity members are also members of programming committee, to identify proper programs and to Develop Year plans and Deciding meeting, events.
- 33 Public Relation Officer is Head of Information Bench, it holds HELP DESK, Every meeting, Event information, and it should give the information to all the members about meeting and events done by PSCMRCET-IEEE Student Brach.
- 34 In addition to the above standing committees, the Chairman may appoint other committees which he may deem necessary.
- 35 Committee members are can be appointed from General body or can volunteer.
- 36 the Branch shall hold regular and special meetings at such places and time as designated by the Executive Committee, with a minimum of ten meetings a year.
- 37 the Branch is empowered to adopt Bylaws which are consistent with this Constitution.
- 38 the Constitution may be amended by two-thirds of the members of the Branch present and voting provided the amendment shall have been proposed at least one duly publicized meeting previous to the time of voting. Such amendments become effective only upon the approval of the Executive Committee of the IEEE.